Certified Agile Service Manager Nov 13th – 14th
Certified Agile Service Manager®
Learn how to use Agile Service Management to increase the customer value your processes create and to compete in a fast-paced disruptive world. A Certified Agile Service Manager is the working equivalent of a development Scrum Master. Together, Scrum Masters and Agile Service Managers can instill Agile thinking into the entire IT organization as the basis of a DevOps culture.
This course provides an introduction to Agile Service Management, the application, and integration of agile thinking into service management processes. Agile thinking improves IT’s effectiveness and efficiency and enables IT to continue to deliver value in the face of changing requirements.
IT Service Management (ITSM) focuses on ensuring IT services deliver value by understanding and optimizing their end-to-end value streams. This course cross-pollinates Agile and ITSM practices to support end-to-end Agile Service Management by scaling to “just enough” process leading to improved flow of work and time to value.
Agile Service Management helps IT to meet customer requirements faster, improve the collaboration between Dev and Ops, overcome constraints in process workflows by taking an iterative approach to process engineering that will improve the velocity of process improvement teams to get more done.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the CASM exam.
Who will Benefit?
The target audience for the CASM course is:
- Practice owners and process designers
- Developers who are interested in helping make processes more agile
- Managers who are looking to bridge multiple practices into a DevOps environment
- Employees and managers responsible for engineering or improving process
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement and DevOps initiatives
- Anyone responsible for:
○ Managing process-related requirements
○ Ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of processes
○ Maximizing the value of processes
Some Familiarity with ITSM processes and Scrum is recommended.
What you’ll learn
The learning objectives for Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM) include an understanding of:
- What does it mean to “be agile?”
- The Agile Manifesto, its core values, and principles
- Adapting Agile thinking and values into service management
- Agile concepts and practices including DevOps, ITIL®, SRE, Lean and Scrum
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and events as it applies to processes
- The two aspects of Agile Service Management:
1 – Agile Process Improvement–ensuring processes are lean and deliver “just enough” control
2- Agile Process Engineering–applying Agile practices to process engineering projects
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- The Agile Service Management Guide (pre-class resource)
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique hands-on exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample exam and exam requirements guidelines
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- Some Familiarity with ITSM processes and Scrum is recommended
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate’s designation as a Certified Agile Service Manager. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
Module 1: Why Agile Service Management?
Module 2: Agile Service Management
Module 3: Leveraging Related Guidance
Module 4: Agile Service Management Roles
Module 5: Agile Process Engineering
Module 6: Agile Service Management Artifacts
Module 7: Agile Service Management Events
Module 8: Agile Process Improvement
Participants who cancel less than 6 business days before the start of class, or do not attend class without prior written notice will forfeit their tuition. If a participant requests to reschedule their class within 6 business days, their tuition will not be refundable and a $200 administrative fee is required to enroll in a new session. Participants are eligible for a tuition refund only when requested more than 6 business days before class starts.
Course Registration Information
All courses carry our guarantee of 100% Satisfaction
Agility Consulting International provides an unsurpassed training experience. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your experience, simply notify the instructor or registrar of your intent to withdraw from the program prior to the first morning break, turn in your course materials and receive a 100% refund. If at the end of the program day, you are unsatisfied with the program, we will credit your tuition towards a future program of your choice. If you use the training credit on a higher-priced program, you pay only the difference.