Introduction to Agile Nov 15th – 16th
Introduction to Agile
In this powerful two-day course, you’ll grasp the concepts, principles, and methods of Agile development. In this powerful two-day course, you’ll grasp the concepts, principles, and methods of Agile development and become empowered to execute on your plans for incorporating Agile practices and techniques into your organization.
Agile success demands a strong and stable foundation. A common misconception is that Agility means lack of order or discipline. This is simply not the case. Those who try to incorporate an Agile methodology or practice into their SDLC with an expectation of shedding the discipline are on a path to failure. Agility in software development requires strong discipline. In order to successfully create Agility, you must have a solid foundation in the practices and procedures you wish to adapt and learn how to follow those practices correctly while tying them to rigid quality goals. This workshop will give you the foundation of knowledge and experience you need to begin. This course is a starting point for you to acquire the techniques, skills, and tools that enable you to build Agile discipline. In addition to defining Agile principles, we will cover the advantages of Agile development. Learn about organizing and participating in an agile team, and understand the practices of the most popular Agile technique. Understand and learn how to take advantage of the opportunities for Agile. Finally gain an understanding and practice the collaboration and communication needed between customer and developers for Agile to succeed.
Who will Benefit?
This course is designed for:
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- IT Manager/Directors
- Software Engineers
- Software Architects
- Product Managers
- Understand Agile values and principles, and how to build the discipline to support those principles in your everyday practice
- Appreciate the history of Agile and how the collection of principles and practices came together to enable customer success
- Examine Agile methods, including: Scrum, Extreme Programming, Lean Software Development, Kanban
- Draw best practices from the various methodologies that will contribute to your team success
- Talk the talk: learning the Agile terminology, roles and forums with their context
- Walk through the processes that support Agile principles to enable the delivery of great products
- Begin to map the transition of your existing team or enterprise-level processes to Agile
- Discover the power of Agile teams through communication, collaboration and cadence
- Uncover the pitfalls that teams will encounter in an Agile transition and understand how to overcome those challenges
- Lay the foundation upon which you can build a learning team and organization
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
What you’ll learn
Adaptive Paradigm Shift
The Agile Foundation
Agile Umbrella Overview
Building the Agile Team
Inspect and Adapt
Participants who cancel less than 6 business days before the start of class, or do not attend class without prior written notice will forfeit their tuition. If a participant requests to reschedule their class within 6 business days, their tuition will not be refundable and a $200 administrative fee is required to enroll in a new session. Participants are eligible for a tuition refund only when requested more than 6 business days before class starts.
Course Registration Information
All courses carry our guarantee of 100% Satisfaction
Agility Consulting International provides an unsurpassed training experience. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your experience, simply notify the instructor or registrar of your intent to withdraw from the program prior to the first morning break, turn in your course materials and receive a 100% refund. If at the end of the program day, you are unsatisfied with the program, we will credit your tuition towards a future program of your choice. If you use the training credit on a higher-priced program, you pay only the difference.