ITIL® 4 Specialist: Strategist Direct Plan and Improve July 22nd – 24th
ITIL® 4 Specialist: Direct, Plan, and Improve
This is the universal module, that is a key component of both, ITIL 4 Managing Professional and ITIL 4 Strategic Leader streams.
It is aimed at managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team. It provides individuals with the practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organization, with a strong and effective strategic direction.
The module covers the influence and impact of Agile and Lean ways of working, and how they can be leveraged to an organization’s advantage.
It will provide practitioners with a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with necessary agility.
As part of this course, all candidates will receive an exam voucher for the ITIL Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve exam through Peoplecert. As of February 1, 2022, all exams will be administered in an online proctored format only. Exams can be scheduled at http://www.peoplecert.org.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- Understand the following key terms:
Scope of control
- Understand the differences between the following key concepts:
Vision and Mission
Strategy, Tactics and Operations
Governance compliance and management
Policies, Controls and Guidelines
- Understand the concepts of Value, Outcomes, Costs & Risks and their relationships to direction, planning & improvement
- Identify the scope of control and within this:
Know how to cascade goals and requirements
Know how to define effective policies, controls and guidelines
Know how to place decision-making authority at the correct level
- Know how to ensure that controls are sufficient, but not excessive
- Know how to use the ITIL continual improvement model to improve the service value system or any part of the SVS
- Know how to identify assessment objectives, outputs, requirements and criteria
- Know how to select an appropriate assessment method for a particular situation
- Know how to define and prioritize desired outcomes of an improvement
- Know how to build, justify and advocate for a business case
- Know how to conduct:
Analysis of lessons learned
- Know how to embed continual improvement at all levels of the SVS
- Understand the nature, scope and potential benefits of organizational change management
- Know how to use the key principles and methods of Communication & OCM
Identify and manage different types of stakeholders
Effectively communicate with and influence others
Establish effective feedback channels
- Know how to establish effective interfaces across the value chain
- Know how to define indicators and metrics to support objectives
- Understand the differences between value streams and practices and how those differences impact direction, planning and improvement
- Know how to select and use the appropriate methods and techniques to direct, plan and improve value streams and practices.
Addressing the 4 dimensions
Applying the guiding principles
Value stream mapping
Optimization of workflow
Elimination of waste
Ensuring & utilizing feedback
Candidates must hold the ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate
- Individuals continuing of their journey in service management
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- Managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team
Participants who cancel less than 6 business days before the start of class, or do not attend class without prior written notice will forfeit their tuition. If a participant requests to reschedule their class within 6 business days, their tuition will not be refundable and a $200 administrative fee is required to enroll in a new session. Participants are eligible for a tuition refund only when requested more than 6 business days before class starts.
Course Registration Information
All courses carry our guarantee of 100% Satisfaction
Agility Consulting International provides an unsurpassed training experience. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your experience, simply notify the instructor or registrar of your intent to withdraw from the program prior to the first morning break, turn in your course materials and receive a 100% refund. If at the end of the program day, you are unsatisfied with the program, we will credit your tuition towards a future program of your choice. If you use the training credit on a higher-priced program, you pay only the difference.