Value Stream Management Sept 14th – 15th
Value Stream Management Foundation®
An introduction to value stream management principles, practices, and tools. Designed to optimize value flow and realization in digital value streams and develop individuals’ skills. Digital value streams include the software applications and services in addition to the platforms that support them e.g., cloud infrastructure or DevOps toolchains.
The Value Stream Management Foundation course from Value Stream Management Consortium, and offered in partnership with DevOps Institute, is an introductory course taking learners through a value stream management implementation journey. It considers the human, process, and technology aspects of this way of working and explores how optimizing value streams for flow and realization positively impacts organizational performance.
Who will Benefit?
People working in an organization aiming to improve performance, especially in response to digital transformation or disruption. Any roles involved in the creation and delivery of products or services:
- Leadership and CXO, especially CIO, CTO, CPO, and CVO
- Transformation and evolution leads and change agents
- Value stream architects, managers, engineers
- Scrum Masters, agile and DevOps coaches and facilitators
- Portfolio, product and project managers, and owners
- Business analysts
- Architects, developers, and engineers
- Release and environment managers
- IT Ops, service and support desk workers
- Customer experience and success professionals
None, although having a working knowledge of lean, agile, DevOps, and value stream principles will be useful.
What you’ll learn
- Describe the origins of value stream management and key concepts such as flow, value, and delivery
- Describe what value stream management is, why it’s needed and the business benefits of its practice
- Describe how lean, agile, DevOps, and ITSM principles contribute to value stream management
- Identify and describe value streams, where they start and end, and how they interconnect
- Identify value stream roles and responsibilities
- Express value streams visually using mapping techniques, define current and target states and hypothesis backlog
- Write value stream flow and realization optimization hypotheses and experiments
- Apply metrics such as touch/processing time, wait/idle time, and cycle time to value streams
- Understand flow metrics and how to access the data to support data-driven conversations and decisions
- Examine value realization metrics and aligning to business outcomes, and how to sense and respond to them (outcomes versus outputs)
- Architect a DevOps toolchain alongside a value stream and data connection points
- Design a continuous inspection and adaptation approach for organizational evolution
Participants who cancel less than 6 business days before the start of class, or do not attend class without prior written notice will forfeit their tuition. If a participant requests to reschedule their class within 6 business days, their tuition will not be refundable and a $200 administrative fee is required to enroll in a new session. Participants are eligible for a tuition refund only when requested more than 6 business days before class starts.
Course Registration Information
All courses carry our guarantee of 100% Satisfaction
Agility Consulting International provides an unsurpassed training experience. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your experience, simply notify the instructor or registrar of your intent to withdraw from the program prior to the first morning break, turn in your course materials and receive a 100% refund. If at the end of the program day, you are unsatisfied with the program, we will credit your tuition towards a future program of your choice. If you use the training credit on a higher-priced program, you pay only the difference.