DURATION: 16 Hours
Learn how to use Agile Service Management to increase the customer value your processes create and to compete in a fast-paced disruptive world. A Certified Agile Service Manager is the working equivalent of a development Scrum Master. Together, Scrum Masters and Agile Service Managers can instill Agile thinking into the entire IT organization as the basis of a DevOps culture.
This course provides an introduction to Agile Service Management, the application,and integration of agile thinking into service management processes. Agile thinking improves IT’s effectiveness and efficiency and enables IT to continue to deliver value in the face of changing requirements.
IT Service Management (ITSM) focuses on ensuring IT services deliver value by understanding and optimizing their end-to-end value streams. This course cross-pollinates Agile and ITSM practices to support end-to-end Agile Service Management by scaling to “just enough” process leading to improved flow of work and time to value.
Agile Service Management helps IT to meet customer requirements faster, improve the collaboration between Dev and Ops, overcome constraints in process workflows by taking an iterative approach to process engineering that will improve the velocity of process improvement teams to get more done.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the CASM exam.
The learning objectives for Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM) include an understanding of:
- What does it mean to “be agile?”
- The Agile Manifesto, its core values, and principles
- Adapting Agile thinking and values into service management
- Agile concepts and practices including DevOps, ITIL ® , SRE, Lean and Scrum
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and events as it applies to processes
- The two aspects of Agile Service Management: 1 - Agile Process Improvement–ensuring processes are lean and deliver “just enough” control 2- Agile Process Engineering–applying Agile practices to process engineering projects
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- The Agile Service Management Guide (pre-class resource)
- Participation in exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- Module 1: Why Agile Service Management?
- Module 2: Agile Service Management
- Module 3: Leveraging Related Guidance
- Module 4: Agile Service Management Roles
- Module 5: Agile Process Engineering
- Module 6: Agile Service Management Artifacts
- Module 7: Agile Service Management Events
- Module 8: Agile Process Improvement
The target audience for the CASM course is:
- Practice owners and process designers
- Developers who are interested in helping make processes more agile
- Managers who are looking to bridge multiple practices into a DevOps environment
- Employees and managers responsible for engineering or improving process
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement and DevOps initiatives
- Anyone responsible for:
- Managing process-related requirements
- Ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Maximizing the value of processes
Some Familiarity with ITSM processes and Scrum is recommended
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate’s designation as a Certified Agile Service Manager. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
- 2 Days
- Certified Agile Service Manager
- DevOps Foundation